Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tanner true HL is constantly licking

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CCbird

CCbird

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 522 posts
:p. Tanner is obsessed with licking himself and anyone he comes across. Any suggestions for helping him move past this??

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
How old is Tanner now? Maybe its a security/insecurity thing? Perhaps he craves salt?Taber chews his back toe nails...

cadillackesha

cadillackesha

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 7,884 posts
Is he licking & chewing like he is itchy? If not, licking can be a calming behavior for some dogs.

CCbird

CCbird

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 522 posts
He is 5 and also bites his nails if I dont keep them trim. :eek:

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
All 4 of mine can't hold their lickers at night....and they range in age from 2-9 years! I really think in our case, it's a calming, get ready for bed ritual. I would need to know more about Tanner's situation to venture a guess.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
It must be a crestie thing. Rocco is a licker! Always licking! Sometimes I have to tell him to stop licking me! The worst is when he and Vinny ( our dachshund) start licking each others tongues!! we all yell "ewwwwwww" and my step son with autism says " licka licka licka licka licka!" over and over....

Leupp Pack

Leupp Pack

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
[quote name='GrandCynth;707124]All 4 of mine can't hold their lickers at night....and they range in age from 2-9 years! I really think in our case' date=' it's a calming, get ready for bed ritual. I would need to know more about Tanner's situation to venture a guess.[/QUOTE']Yep mine are night time lickers! I just endure it until they settle down for the night LOL.

CCbird

CCbird

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 522 posts
I guess it isn't the worst habit to have, but I was just curious if alot of other dogs out there do this too >> He DOES do it before he is going to snuggle in for a while, regardless of time. We have crazy schedules in my house (work overnights half the time) so his bed times vary, although most of the time he sleeps half the day and all the night. :pooped: Ellie likes to nibble on people with her front teeth. She does it to Tanner, around his neck, quite often, and also on her people family members. I have pictures of her chewing on my son's face/ears and the giggling that ensues. She sometimes pinches a little too hard, but not ever enough to bring tears. Drake loves it! :kissed:

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC
Suki likes to lick herself when she is relaxing I just figured she was grooming herself keeping her skin clean and free of sweat and oil. Suki also likes to move onto me when she is done with herself wonder what she is hinting at???

CCbird

CCbird

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 522 posts
:;):T loves licking feet, which brings us back to craving salt maybe?!

crestedcrazy

crestedcrazy

Noidinator Moderator

• Moderators
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationHere there everywhere
My Wysie is a licker but hers are due to allergies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users