Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help n advice wanted

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Crested1

Crested1

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi all!Just wanted to pick your brains really.I have been offered a 2 year old boy hairless who is a proven stud and has show experience etc and a fluffy pure white hairless girl.The owner needs to make room for a litter due soon.She shows and breeds, and has done for many years.The boy was on offer for £350 and the girl £375. Are these prices reasonable? Wasnt sure what most would spend on adults.Both are kc registered etcjax

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
That would be around $750 US/Cdn. I don't think that it is too unreasonable....but....Are you interested in showing/breeding?Has show experience...what does that mean exactly? Does he have good movement and enjoy showing?How old is the girl? Has she been bred/how many times, has she been shown?Are you getting full rights to the dogs? Or will it be a non breeding/pet contract.I have seen cresties from rescues from $75 to pups from breeders for up to $2500.It is really up to you, and what your pocket book can handle.Please do your home work and check out the breeder carefully.Good luck

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
I would check out the breeder carefully as well, and make sure all the health testing has been done! Or you could be buying dogs who should not be bred (or shown) if you are planning for that, and which could have very expensive problems.

Puff_The_Magic

Puff_The_Magic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
I would say it depends on your intentions... if you want to continue showing it doesn't sound like a bad investment. But like others said, that'd require a lot more info from the breeder. He's a proven stud with "show experience".. well unless he's a Ch he shouldn't have already been bred. And I'd think that she would've mentioned that right off the bat if he were. That said, if you're just looking for 2 pets, you could just get them. But keep in mind then, that in addition to their price, you'll have to invest in a spay and neuter which can be costly depending on your area.

Crested1

Crested1

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thanks for all ur advice xxx

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Do most REPUTABLE breeders sell their adults to continue breeding like that?

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests

Do most REPUTABLE breeders sell their adults to continue breeding like that?

The ones that I know usually sell their adults as pet with a spay/neuter contract. Or like Vixen was with a co ownership.

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
Have you met the dogs? Seen where and how they live? So many questions unanswered - if these two were kept primarily in kennels, the training and work involved may be frustrating and lengthy. It DOES depend on what you want in a dog. If it were me - I would go to the breeders and spend as much time as I could interacting with these two. A proven stud may think everything is humpible, lift his leg in inappropriate places, do intack male stuff.You must be your own parent. Our hearts are big and our dreams sometimes need tweaking.If you can tell us what you want in a dog, what you hope to get from these two - perhaps we could offer advice or ask more questions. :ROFL:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users