Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Found Rex's brother for sale.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Calilowrisex

Calilowrisex

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 571 posts
So as many of you know I have been looking into getting another crestie. And I was going to wait until we got back to PA and get a rescue, but a friend of mine mentioned there was a crestie for sale on the starsandstripes website for 140$. So of course I looked, and it was a 1 year old male, that was black. Which sounded a lot like my Rex. So I emailed her asking for pictures and info. Turns out he's Rex's brother, she got him from the same lady we did. They are rehoming because she said he's too much for her to handle for training and is quite stubborn. She said he chews are kids toys, jumps up on the table if the chairs are pushed in and recently has started to jump over their fence. Which she said it's a small german fence, so I'm assuming it must not be that tall. My husband says it's up to me if we get him or not. I will be going back to the states in November, and I also have 3 chinchillas that will be coming along. And well, I'm just not sure if we should get another dog or not, I'm so up in air about it. Anyone have any advice or suggestions? [ATTACH=CONFIG]8756[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8757[/ATTACH] And a couple pictures of Shrek. I hope it's okay that I posted them.

Vixen

Vixen

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
He's beautiful. While it has to be the right decision for you, I don't kniw if I would be able to pass him up personally. I'm a sucker though.

Calilowrisex

Calilowrisex

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 571 posts
I know, I am too! I'm just not sure if the timing is right. But I would really love to have a playmate for Rex, and he's brother. Also, his name is Shrek! LOL

Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 10,183 posts
Oh, my, he is adorable and does present quite the dilemma for you. I have 2 brothers and have not regretted it for a second.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'm no help.....I would snatch him up in a heart beat!! ::P: What a doll, and he looks just like his handsome brother!

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
I think only you can make this decision! lol Honestly, if you aren't completely committed (and have any doubts) then maybe it's best to wait til you're back in PA. He sounds like quite a handful and in need of a lot of training. Are you up for that? Or do you have time for that? If yes, and you feel you can't leave Germany w/o him, then I say go get him! Just think it through thoroughly- weigh the pros and cons.

Crested Mom of 3

Crested Mom of 3

Rockstar,Celebrity,Diva

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationIndianola, iowa
I couldn't resist! I say go for it!! ... that is unless the difficult behaviors are unmanagable for you, just sounds like Crestie play to me!

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
[quote name='Ace;703776]I think only you can make this decision! lol Honestly' date=' if you aren't completely committed (and have any doubts) then maybe it's best to wait til you're back in PA. He sounds like quite a handful and in need of a lot of training. Are you up for that? Or do you have time for that? If yes, and you feel you can't leave Germany w/o him, then I say go get him! Just think it through thoroughly- weigh the pros and cons.[/QUOTE']Exactly what I was going to say!Mind you I'm looking for number 4 just don't tell himself!!!!

Leupp Pack

Leupp Pack

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Mind you I'm looking for number 4 just don't tell himself!!!!

:ROFL: Good Luck!!

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
Wow, honestly I would go get him in a heartbeat - and it isn't often I recommend doing something like that, but ... since you already know your boy, I bet he is a similar handful, just hasn't landed in the right home ;)

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
I don't think I could pass him up either, and he looks just like his bro, very handsome!!

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
OMG he is so cute just like his brother. I would say go for it! He probably just needs some attention.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
if you are asking what would we do, seems like most of us would get him in a heartbeat. But it is really your decision, but I can't see how you would ever regret it! These dogs are special beings.

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
i would snatch jacks sibling up in a heart beat if i could and if saw him online for rehoming... shrek looks like a smooth haired version of rex :D sweet doggy

ColleenT

ColleenT
  • LocationEastern PA
Some dogs just seem to find us. You know what is right for you. Good luck deciding.Meg, good luck with that one!

porterk

porterk

Port-n-Cork's Momma

• Members
  • 1,640 posts
  • LocationMichigan
What a hard decision - my emotions would tell me to take him on! I have brothers, too! Each one is difficult to deal with in his own special way, but I love them dearly. Good luck with your decision!

Calilowrisex

Calilowrisex

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 571 posts
The only thing I'm really concerned about is it's very expensive to ship them back and forth from Germany to PA. And I also have 2 chinchillas that I will be taking along. So it's quite the expense.

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,811 posts
[quote name='ColleenT;703800]Some dogs just seem to find us. You know what is right for you. Good luck deciding.Meg' date=' good luck with that one![/QUOTE']I completely agree, I have brothers, I started out with Levi at 10 weeks old, then found myself bringing his brother Riley home 9 months later! I was unsure at 1st but I'm so glad I got him, couldn't be without him now :)

Guest_Jolie_*

Guest_Jolie_*
  • Guests
It's funny that I read this post this evening when today I was just thinking when I first got Buddy, a couple days later a lady who had his brother for almost 3 months had to return him as she was diagnosed with a serious illness and couldn't keep him. I am sorry now I didn't take him. My friend was going to but decided she already had two dogs and didn't.I think I'd sell anything I could to come up with the extra money to ship. But I'm a sucker and would eat peanut butter for months to do for my pets. I bet he would calm alittle when he see Rex behaving and not getting in trouble. :)

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
I say go for it!! I couldnt pass up a sibling, kinda sounds like fate....

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
I betcha Shrek is misbehaving because he doesn't understand German. He speaks English just like Rex!!!In life we rarely regret the things we have done - we regret what we didn't do (no pressure). Posted ImageMayhap the owner will drop the $140 to help defray airline fees??

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Very true.....

Calilowrisex

Calilowrisex

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 571 posts
I have thought long and hard about this, and I think I am going to end up passing him up. *sigh* I just am having some doubts, and I figure if I have any doubts at all I shouldn't do it. I would really love to have to have him, but with my husband's upcoming deployment, I don't know if I can take all that on considering I am going back to states for a year and I will need to get a job. I won't have the time like I do right now to stay at home all day and train the little guy. Plus, when my hubby gets home from deployment, he will still have 11 months left here in Germany if he re-enlists. If he doesn't it's another 2, and we go home to visit every 6 months and take Rex with us, so that would be 500 bucks each way. That's 1,000 bucks just to come home for one visit, and we really can't afford that. :( Darn airlines being so expensive. I was just worried about Rex being a lonely pup, but I don't think he minds gets all the attention anyway. He gets jealous when I pay any attention to my chinchillas. When we get back to the states for good I may end up getting another dog though. The timing just isn't right I guess. Is this terrible of me??

Vixen

Vixen

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Of course not. You need to listen to your own heart and mind. We are all in different situations so can't decide for another what is right. I am a sucker so Id have a hard time saying no but I'm in a totally different situation than you are. I admit I'm at my limit though, Vlora is so much more work than having all three of my older pups put together when they were her age. I don't regret keeping her of course, she just needs my eagle eye trained on her 24/7. What a wild one we have.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts
you have to do whatever is right for you and your family[pets included] I would love to have more than one crestie , but I know my limitations , and the pets might not get all the love and care they deserve...so I have my sweet Jakks ,and I think we both like the arrangement. Do what you feel is right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users