Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Craiglist in Austin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
This lady is trying to rehome a white powderpuff male and a black hairless girl around 1 yr old. She is a teacher that just went through divorce in Austin, Tx area. She starts teaching next week and she says she will have to keep them crated for 11 hours during the day. She wants $50 each, spayed, neutered crate trained, microchipped, UTD shots, good with kids, supplies. She sent pictures, but the puff picture is with a kid so I don't want to post, he has curly hair like a poodle. Here is the black hairless girl-just beautiful. She says they cannot go to shelter/rescue. I wonder if that is where she got them in first place. She says they are sibling. I will try to crop the powderpuff. Wish I could help her-I'm such a softie.

Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 10,183 posts
Makes one wonder why she will not contact a rescue. Perhaps she does not want them split? I sure hope she screens at that adoption fee, poor babies might fall into the wrong hands. Have you contacted her to encourage reconsidering rescue or cautioning her on what could happen to them otherwise? So sad..........................::(:

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
I talked to her just a few moments. I thought about personally trying to rescue and rehome. Not sure..

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
Oh if you could, that would be awesome!Teachers have 11 hr days now?

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
Good question. Just afraid I would fall in love. I have five now! :sweat:

Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 10,183 posts
It would be great if you could take them in and perhaps look for a rescue in the meantime? They really are at risk right now but each of us need to make such decisions wisely as only you know what you are capable of doing. Most of us understand how easily we fall in love with our fosters.

Leroy's Mom

Leroy's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 423 posts

It would be great if you could take them in and perhaps look for a rescue in the meantime? They really are at risk right now but each of us need to make such decisions wisely as only you know what you are capable of doing. Most of us understand how easily we fall in love with our fosters.

I agree, personally I said about 4 dogs ago:woohoo: that I had enough dogs already! BUT these last 4 were rescues of which 3 are puppymill Survivors. I have looked at these babies several times, trying to figure if I could take one. I hate to see them lose their home but I also realize she is trying to do whats best for them. Jennifermom to Leroy, Otis, Percy, & BuddyDiva & Q the killer Chi'sand Miss Corkie aka Baby

MyBuddy

MyBuddy

Best In Show

• Members
  • 4,101 posts
I would consider taking them in and then turningthem over to rescue

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
I'm going to talk to her today and see if she still wants to go through with it. What the heck is two more anyway. She described some great personalities.

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
Good news! She found a home for Jackson with kids - which I thought he needed by the way she described him. I will be picking up Ruby the hairless - and will try her out to keep her. She is a calm quiet dog. :++:

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
Please let us know how it goes. Your heart is big. Hug.

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
That sure looks like a bichon in the first pic. Regardless, glad he's got a home. Good luck with the hl.

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
YankeeYankee's rehoming did not go through! I guess I will give a try to fostering and rehoming?

Crested Mom of 3

Crested Mom of 3

Rockstar,Celebrity,Diva

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationIndianola, iowa
what a sweet, softie you are! Congrats and lucky girl, Ruby.

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
Oh, that is great!When things settle a bit, please think about helping these dogs into a rescue group. Perhaps you could foster them? Sounds like you have a huge heart and a nearly full house already. It would be awesome if you were able to help more dogs, future dogs, find much needed homes again and again. I know fostering is emotionally hard - but the feeling that comes with finding THE perfect home is priceless.Bless you and all that you do!

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
She changed her mind.The lady from Austin changed her mind and decided to keep them after all. I offered to take one and she said never mind. I really couldn't handle two more after she said Yankee needed alot more housebreaking training. I hope she doesn't keep them crated for 11 hours daily and then at night too! :frown: If anyone is interested in trying to take them both, she might still be listed. Just type in chinese crested for the search in Austin, Tx.

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
Am glad she was willing to rehome to you for keeping and/or rehoming yourself, instead of a rescue. Since they are not rescues ;) It sounds like they were ready to go with all the vetting, etc. and I bet you can find a good home for them, even if it's yours LOL. I agree, the "puff" looks NOTHING like a puff - and of all the curly puffers I have seen, that has to be the most over the top poodle-ish coat ever. DNA that one for sure if it's important to you or the new home. They are both darling pups!!!Edited to add... arrrgh, just posted! I was thinking, wow - this is kind of wierd she is so ready to let them go.... ugh, this figures though - it happens ALOT - and why I just won't get into it with owners needing help rehoming pups any more. I wish I knew of a great home, but then again, why put someone through the same thing???

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
That was so kind of you to offer to help this lady out! I hope that she will do the right thing for her pups, one way or the other!

StuckatWork

StuckatWork

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Did they get a new home?Just curious if they got a new home. I got lost in the re homing falling through for one part

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users